75100385

I need to obtain possession of a property with a tenant in

I need to obtain possession of a property with a tenant in residence. However, my landlord does not have a tenancy agreement. He let the tenant move in without an agreement in place. What can I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How long has the tenant been there? Are they in arrears or breached their agreement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tenant has been in there for about 7 months. She has paid rent albeit late but other than that she has been fine.

OK. Then she has an Assured Shorthold. In that case you need to give 2 months notice which takes effect from the next billing date. This is a section 21 notice and you can find a template online. If the tenant refuses to move you can seek possession then through the Court by completing form N5b
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Is it still ok to serve a Section 21 even though there is no contract?

Yes that is fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when it comes to the court papers and they want evidence of the AST - what should I advise?

There is no written agreement. That is not fatal to your claim.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.