tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of advising on property issues.
73598664

I have a farm with two houses and two HS numbers however

I have a farm with two houses and two HS numbers however one deed is for a paddock one deed has both houses and outbuildings
I want to know if I can " redraw" the boundary so as to separate the plot into 2. A house and some land on each so I can sell them separately. I have also been offered another acre at my boundary which would need to be added /included into one of these plots ?
If it's possible where do I start ?
The property is freehold with no covenants. I have a 25% LTV mortgage on the entire site
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is***** can help with this.

Yes, you can do what you ask. The way this is done is by merging titles, or re-drawing them, by completing the relevant transfer deeds (TR1 or TP1) and creating new titles. There may be stamp duty to pay if there is a price paid for the transfer.

The best thing to do is get a conveyancing solicitor to do this for you, because they will be familiar with the process, the application forms and the deeds. However, you can do it yourself if you feel able to complete the deeds and draw any relevant plans etc. The forms can be obtained from the Land Registry website at www.landreg.gov.uk, although as I say, I would strongly encourage you to seek legal advice in doing this.

If either piece of property has a mortgage on, then the lender will always require a solicitor to deal with the conveyancing anyway. And, you will need the lenders' consent, although they're likely to give that if the level of security over the property does not change, which it should not, if this is a simple re-jigging of title, but reserving the amount of land.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please do remember to rate the answer as highly as you can for me. If you wish to ask any point of clarification, please do so.

Tony