75100385

I have removed unsightly 12ft hedging and replaced with 6ft

I have removed unsightly 12ft hedging and replaced with 6ft fencing panels . It is a joint boundary.i did not ask my neighbours because they have a very large shed and if I had cut hedges to 2m they would not have been able to see hedges anyway now neighbours are complaining.where do I stand?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Why did you not ask please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To be honest have lived there 19 years and didn't remember it was a joint boundary.i had never met the neighbours as they are at the bottom of the garden in a different road.
In theory it is owed by both you and the neighbour. That means you needed permission as you have taken down the neighbours property and I assume destroyed it.
Its quick to allow neighbour disputes to escalate so I would ask what they want you to do. But in reality it is owned by both them and you so any decisions need to be joint.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.