Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

As requested by our neighbours we have cut down two poplar

Customer Question

As requested by our neighbours we have cut down two poplar tree whose roots were causing problems for a building he has planning permission for, but is not yet built. We paid the full cost of felling the trees without contribution from neighbours. He has pointed out that there are sprouts appearing every where. This comes from roots and branches.He has been a landscape gardener and appears to think he is 100% correct. He came to a private arrangement with the tree doctor that he would take some of the branches Stumps are still in the ground about 4ft high. He has been able to suggest a legal way of getting rid o f stumps. We have no access to the poplar site with heavy machinery such as a JCB. We are going to cut he roots a few feet from the trunk What are our legal obligations? Thank you Alan Alan J XXXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had to go a different route in view of time. Please cancel and refund any fees charged.

Alan J XXXX