tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of advising on property issues.
73598664

My tenancy ended on 1/4/2015 the landlord didn't bring

My tenancy ended on 1/4/2015 the landlord didn't bring another I have given him a months notice and he won't accept it. He says when I got a top up from council to my rent I signed a subsequent tenancy agreement which is three months away. I have not signed anything from him also not a copy if I did (I didnt) I found a property got all refs. Landlady then rings landlord says he has so many tenants he would have to ring back Monday. Then I text him straight away and he has come up with a new end date that I don't and didn't know about. What is a subsequent tenancy and what do I do as he says he has a copy which means he has forged my name .thank you Joanne he boughthe the property of my ex husband and I in April 2013 he got it so cheep as there waa loads of work needed doing to it.

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will answer this for you.
A subsequent tenancy is simply a tenancy that comes into existence after the initial tenancy ends.
If you have not signed another tenancy agreement, then your tenancy will continue month by month until you give notice to end it. Assuming you have given notice, or intend to, under the terms of the agreement to end it, it will simply end at the expiry of your notice period.
You need to just check the terms of the agreement that has now expired, about what it says about notice periods, but unless you've agreed to another fixed term after the expiry of the initial agreement, then no new new fixed term will come into place.
I hope this answers your question. If not, please do ask me for clarification. If it does answer your question, please do remember to rate the answer as highly as you can for me.
Tony