Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I'm just wondering if you could please advise...

Customer Question

Hi, I'm just wondering if you could please advise me on the following. i live with my partner & 7 year old son from a previous marriage, I am now divorced as of a month ago but the problem is i am on the mortgage / deeds for 2 houses with my ex husband, these houses are next door to each other and he is illegally renting out 1 of the houses I.e not declaring this to the inland revenue as that house is paid for and has no mortgage on it, the other house which he lives in on his own is the house with the mortgage, he doesn't work and is a drug dealer selling cocaine and cannibis from that address, we still have a joint account which the mortgage comes out of, i contribute nothing to the house and have no money each month from the illegal renting of the other property, i simply want my name off of both properties and no pay off or money from any of them but because he has missed payments Santander won't even touch him to apply for a mortgage on his own until 12 consecutive monthly payments have been made, firstly how do i get out of this mess? Can I get into trouble regarding the illegal renting of the property even though I have no dealing with it, can i make him get a mortgage from another lender! Ijust want to have all ties cut with him?.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you please cancel the question
HI
Thank you for your question
I can help you with this but I need some further information first.
How much are the properties worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
May I ask why you do not want the capital sum that you are entitled to from the properties?