Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am trying to claim from ***** to personal

Customer Question

I am trying to claim from ***** ***** for damages to personal belongings due to ice machine failing and I'm not sure whether I should use my insurance or a solicitor as we endured 4.5 hours of sodden carpets , ruined clothes and shoes and appalling conditions for whole flight?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
What is the actual value of your goods?
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid it is not that simple.
What is the actual value of the goods that were damaged?