75100385

I recently purchased a property. A shed at the back of the

I recently purchased a property. A shed at the back of the garden is illegally occupied (storage purposes only) and the person is refusing to move his possessions, claiming he has used it for over 10 years. Police stated this is a civil law matter and refused to carry out any action. If further reasoning with the occupier fails – is Court the only option? Is there a standard “Trespassing” notice I can serve on the person prior to spending money on courts please? I assume I can not just get removal people in and move off the stuff to the tip… thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes its a civil matter I am sorry to say. Yes you can serve notice to quit and remove possessions before you go to Court and indeed this is usually a requirement.
If he does not then you can seek a Court order in effect for possession of the shed. Sadly the possessions don't belong to you so you can't just remove them as you say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Is there a standard notice letter, and also do I need to refer to any law within it? Is it a trespass letter or something else? Also, can you tell me what am I suppose to apply for in court? Is there a specific form? Also can he claim the property is his if he used it for over 10 years? Thank you.
No need to refer to law, just stay you want the belongings removed by x date Eric.
That is it. He has no rights to the property whatsoever.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.