LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

At the entrance to my driveway I have two pillars. One on the

At the entrance to my driveway I have two pillars. One on the boundary to my neighbours driveway. In general would the pillar on the boundary be wholly built on my property or would it span the boundary. Half on my land and half on my neighbours land.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
It is impossible to give an answer as there is no general rule fitting this situation. It will depend on how the land is described in the deeds. Where is the pillar in relation to a boundary fence if there is one? Are there houses nearby with a similar arrangement and if so what did they think the situation is at their properties. Can you give me a little more information please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm trying to establish the boundary line of my property. It is a semi detached property. My property has two pillars at the entrance to the short driveway at the non attached end. The neighbour's driveway does not have pillars so I am assuming the pillar between the two driveways is solely on my side of the boundary line otherwise it would be partially on his land. My property is the only one with these pillars and were built at the same time as the house.

It is impossible to tell you with certainty the correct answer. You need to find out where the boundary lies. You can not imply that the pillars are on your land, although from what you say it is reasonably likely that the pillar will be on your land.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thank you. I will investigate where my boundary line is.

Paul

Good luck and please remember to rate my answers.