Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I need help as neighbour claiming adverse possession on part

Customer Question

I need help as neighbour claiming adverse possession on part of my land which also part of my house is built on.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you give me a little more information concerning his claim, please?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My neighbour has put a fence up along our shared drive approximately 500 metres long and taken 1.5 metres of our land from the edge of driveway.
They said it was to stop their horses coming in to our land which we thought when we moved in was a nice gesture as we have small children.
But since we have now doing building work to our home and want the fence removed to put in electric gates. They call the police as if we causing criminal damage to there fence which is on my land.
They tried to go through land registry and change the position and we objected and they had 2 weeks to take it to court but they didn't.
We have now once again tried to take fence down as thinking it was all finished and once again police came and said that I need to write another from my solicitor as her solicitor has written to me saying that I will be done for criminal damage, I have spent so much on solicitor fees sending letters backwards and forwards and getting now where.
I have spoken the the police and have gone through everything with them but as its a civil matter they jhave just said that neither of us can now touch the land until it's sorted. This land is on my title deeds and I have a bay window overhanging part of the land and a porch which sits on it. Which the council gave planning as its on my land.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Just to confirm he is still trying to claim possession notwithstanding his claim failed at the Land Registry? I assume you want to keep him off it?