75100385

I have had the same tenant in my rental property since

Hi. I have had the same tenant in my rental property since 2008. They have renewed each year for the past 7 years. The letting agent still insists on charging me 4% of the rental income as a renewal fee; over £1000 each year. Some years there has been a nominal increase in rent, whilst in other years I have kept the rent the same due to good tenant. I did sign an agreement in 2008 stating renewal fees would be 8% but still find it unjust over £1000 is being paid each year for simply drawing up an AST.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What do your terms say about termination of their agreement please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The terms say 'renewal fees are payable on renewal of tenancy or continuation of tenancy'.
Also it says 'we accept these terms of business and wish to provide the service marked below - letting service 9% new lets, 8% renewal'
I have signed this document
Thank you. Sadly you are bound by the contract but it does say renewal or continuation. However if you ended the tenants contact and they moved out even for one day then the contract has ended and does not renew. You would be free to end the contract with the letting agency.
You would have to pay for your tenants overnight accommodation in a hotel but technically with a day's gap the tenancy has ended. You then end the contract with the letting agency and then enter into a new contract with the tenants. It won't be a renewal or continuation.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.