Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Lease extension (81years remaining) I paid £10000 pounds

Customer Question

Lease extension (81years remaining) I paid £10000 pounds before proceedindings begun
( Freeholder was an acquaintance ) the contract was drawn by freeholder but for technical reasons land registry did not accept the extension and later on the flat was sold without the benefit of lease extension ,the freeholder is refusing my request to get my money back saying ,they provided the contract but due to my mistake( incompetence ) the lease was not extended so tough luck !!
My argument is that the transaction was not completed ( consummated) therefore my deposit should be returned
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask if you used a solicitor as part of the lease extension please?You mention the freehold prepared the contract. For a lease extension, one requires either a deed of variation for the lease or a deed of surrender and regrant to register at the Land Registry. Did the freeholder prepare either of these or just a contract or none of the above?Why did the Land Registry refuse to accept the registration?Finally why was the flat sold before the lease extension was completed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

Thank you for your reply.

a. I did not have a solicitor

b. freehold solicitor prepared the contract

For personal reasons I sold the flat. I am unable to attach documents to this conversation. can you please forward your email and I'll send you what I have.

Kamran

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
KamranMany thanks for the above. Regarding emailing the documents we can switch to email however, this is treated as an additional service by the site for which there is a separate charge. I can specify the minimum charge which is around 3 pounds so it does not add substantially to the cost. Please let me know if you would like me to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is fine with a few more pound cost to be able to send you the document
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks - I will create the additional services offer now which should appear on your screen for you to accept in a few moments...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Josh
I have not yet received the extra fees
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hi - I have sent the additional services offer. It should appear on your page. I will send it again in case it has not come through. If it is not appearing for some reason you could look at your customer home page under "my questions" to see if there is a link there
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your rating. The additional services offer still seems to be outstanding though so I can't enter my email address. Is it still not showing on your screen? If so I can ask customer services to contact you to assist with completing it? I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Josh
Still nothing ,do you know how much it is ?
I see£37 ,is that it ?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I am very sorry if nothing is coming through. With your permission I will ask customer services to contact you to assist with completing the additional services offer. They should be in touch a little later today if that is ok? Once that is done I can provide you with my email address and we can continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much
I will wait till they call me
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank. I will contact them now.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience. My email address should be visible now. If you would drop me an email I look forward to hearing from you.