LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I am a landlord of a terraced property with a shared

Hello, I am a landlord of a terraced property with a shared chimney which is in disrepair. I have contacted the landlord of the joining property but he is unwilling to discuss the matter saying that his side of the chimney is fine. I have arranged for an expert to come and inspect the chimney tomorrow morning.
How can I get the other landlord to share the cost of repairs?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
You may well have a party wall issue here with your neighbour. If things can not be agreed between you then there yo will need to follow a procedure. It may well be possible to get the neighbour to pay some of the costs. Look at this link for details
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/393927/Party_Wall_etc__Act_1996_-_Explanatory_Booklet.pdf