How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 816
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am a landlord of a terraced property with a shared

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am a landlord of a terraced property with a shared chimney which is in disrepair. I have contacted the landlord of the joining property but he is unwilling to discuss the matter saying that his side of the chimney is fine. I have arranged for an expert to come and inspect the chimney tomorrow morning.
How can I get the other landlord to share the cost of repairs?
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
You may well have a party wall issue here with your neighbour. If things can not be agreed between you then there yo will need to follow a procedure. It may well be possible to get the neighbour to pay some of the costs. Look at this link for details
LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you