75100385

I was going to rent commercial property. Agreement was

Hi, I was going to rent commercial property. Agreement was not sign up but was send to me by email and was discution about all requirements. The landlord ask me to pay deposit to secure place. I paid 1000£, but I didn't get any invoice. After payment landlord's requirements changed. Landlord start asking what wasn't agreed. I refuse to sign up contract, but I can't get deposit back. Deposits was paid trough bank. Is possible to get back my deposit or lease invoice.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it legal to ask deposit before signing contract.

That is fine, but you are still entitled to it back.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.