75100385

I have a problem with my landlord. i have left the property

i have a problem with my landlord. i have left the property i was renting three months earlier than our contract ended, but i have given him a notice of 6 weeks. the reason i moved out was due to health reasons (mold from a broken bathroom he would not fix for over a month). now he won't return my deposit for letting fees, as i left the property early. Despite the fact we have signed an agreement that the deposit will be held at a tenancy deposit scheme, when i emailed him to give me the reference number he told me he gave the deposit money to the landlord after i moved in. please let me know if there is something i can do to get my money back. our tenancy agreement is on an assured shorthold.
thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.