75100385

My neighbour has reported me to our council

Hello. My neighbour has reported me to our council for running a b&b from our home, which is not the case. We do, however, let rooms to long term lodgers. The council are asking me a number of questions, most of which I am happy to answer. They have, however, also asked me to provide them details of my mortgage provider; which I am not happy to answer. Do they have the authority to demand my mortgage information from me? Thank you for your assistance.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether your mortgage lender knows you are letting out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex. No, I did not inform them directly, but they also provide me with my building insurance, which is provided by their own in-house insurance company, who were informed of the lodgers.

Ok. Whilst you are not obliged to tell them, for £6 they can look it up on the Land Registry. It is a public document. I would therefore let the mortgage company know now sooner rather than later.
Normally you can have lodgers, just can't sublet the house out.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex. There isn't a rating button on the screen now as I have already rated you as "Excellent Service". Please let me know if you are unable to see this rating and I will take it up with customer service. Thank you again for your help.

No proble, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again.