75100385

My neighbour has a shed which occupies the full width

Hello. My neighbour has a shed which occupies the full width of their garden and encroaches over my property line by about 6 inches. I was in dispute (verbally) with the previous owners but they sold the house in 2012. The shed was built approximately 6 years ago. How can I make the new owners move their shed back over the property line? Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please leave it a little longer. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola. I am happy to continue with my membership for the moment. I understand that it is possible to pause my membership. Is that correct? If so, how do I do it please. Many thanks.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I will refer this to Customer Support for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Have you spoken to the new neighbour about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alice. Yes. He says that he is unable to move it as it takes up the entire width of his garden.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Your expert will be along shortly. When she does you will get an email. No need to reply to this message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you spoken to the new neighbours yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex. Yes. He says that he is unable to move it as it takes up the entire width of his garden.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to get a Solicitor and ask him to move it back within 28 days or say you will go to Court. If he refuses then you can seek a Court order that he does.
You would need to get a professional survey done which outlines where the true boundary is and this can be used in Court.
Then you need to issue a claim using form N1
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The Court will issue the claim, consider your survey and decide where the boundary is and order it is changed. If the Judge orders it and the neighbour refuses this is contempt of Court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the letter be from a solicitor or could I send it myself by recorded delivery? Also, is form N1 the same as a normal county court claim that I can do online? Finally, is there any time limit involved here from the date that the shed was errected?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can do it yourself. Yes N1 is the normal form but you cant do it online. There is no date you need to issue by.
I hope that helps.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience