75100385

We own a buy to let property. Rent is due on the 28th of each

Customer Question

we own a buy to let property. Rent is due on the 28th of each month. Our tenant underpaid the rent by £50 on 28th March and failed to pay any rent on 28th April. We have already issued a section 21 notice but that does not expire for a few months. Assuming no rent is paid tomorrow, could we issue a section 8 notice?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
A Section 8 notice is used when the rent is still in arrears on the date that the notice is served and on the date of the hearing.
Where rent is due weekly or fortnightly, at least 8 weeks’ rent must be in arrears. Where rent is due monthly, at least two months’ rent must be in arrears. I
I assume the tenant pays monthly and therefore tenant must owe 2 months of rent. From what you have said it would appear the tenant is one a a bit months behind. You have to wait until they are 2 months in arrears.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.