Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

What is proposed discount being offered to housing association

Customer Question

What is proposed discount being offered to housing association tenants wishing to purchase their properties
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify that this is in relation to the proposals the Tory government have just made in the Queens Speech please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes its in relation to the tories proposal

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. There is no legislation yet so nothing is set in stone but the figures that are being proposed (please do not rely on this because they have to go for consultation and through multiple readings in Parliament so may end up being different) are that for a house one will receive a 35% discount after living in for three years rising by 1% for each additional year lived in the property and for a flat 50% initially after three years rising on the same criteria subject to an overall discount cap of £102,700 in London and £77,000 for the rest of England.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful