Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

Can I reclaim vat build house completed 04/10/2013

Can I reclaim vat for new build house completed 04/10/2013
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Generally a new build home is one that VAT is claimable. In any event builders working on new builds should zero rate the VAT. Why does your builder say otherwise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Further discussion has been held with our builder who now assures us that our property was correctly zero rated at that time of building.

He also states that contracts with new buildings have been changed to allow the customer to deal direct with the house kit supplier and subsequently claim the tax refund.

Thank your for your input which which would appear to have answered our concerns.

What a shame he failed to pass on this information in the first instance.

Yours sincerely

D.W.XXXX

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. Don't forget to leave positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.