Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am recently divorced and my ex wife is retaining the house

I am recently divorced and my ex wife is retaining the house and is supposedly deal with the transfer of equity. We have previously agreed and signed a consent order. Under the terms of the order, all matters relating to the transfer of the property should have been completed within 28 days. This deadline has passed and I am unsure of how to proceed without running up large bills
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You would need to go back to Court to enforce the terms of the Consent Order. I appreciate you may not wish to do this.

In practice, transfers of equity nearly always take longer than 28 days to complete (Consent Orders normally give 56 days for any transfer of equity to be completed), so hopefully, your ex wife will get it sorted out shortly.

I can only therefore suggest that you write to your ex wife or probably best her Solicitor, threatening to go back to Court, unless you are given an assurance that the transfer will be completed shortly.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi Warren,

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards

Al