75100385

My neighbour has recently had their loft converted and

Hello. My neighbour has recently had their loft converted and I believe they may have caused damage to my wall ties. Am I within my rights to ask them to pay for a survey of my loft for any damage? Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Happy to hang on for a while longer, thanks.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please keep trying Nicola. Thank you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question.
Please accept our sincere apology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you
What makes you believe that the tiles have been damaged please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex. There has been outward movement of my outside wall which may indicate that the ties (bolts which are inserted into the inside and outside walls and connected to each other by cable) may have been damaged.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can't you get a roofer to look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It isn't the roof tiles. It is the "ties" which are hidden in the walls and the beams in the loft. Would require a professional surveyor to assess.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.But you dont know as yet if there is any damage. I think you have to pay for this yourself and if there is no damage, then sadly suffer the cost. If there is damage then you can claim for putting the work right AND the cost of the report.
But if you got a report and there was nothing wrong, then it would be unfair to expect them to pay for it. Does that make sense?
I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex. Further to the above, my neighbour did not serve me with a party wall notice. Does this change the situation at all?