LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have a boundary fence at the bottom of my garden, which according

Customer Question

I have a boundary fence at the bottom of my garden, which according to my deeds I have responsibility for the up keep. This information I recently found out from a copy of my deeds. 12 months ago I had new fence erected in front of the old/existing fence. I did this because the existing fence was only 4ft high and needed something taller. I have recently noticed that the house owner at the bottom of my garden has removed the existing fence without notification and is unwilling to replace it. And is now using the new fence as the boundary fence. Were to I stand with this?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years exoperience. I will try to help you with this.
Your neighbour had no right to do this. You are within your legal rights to move the fence onto the true border (mid point of the old wall probably?) and I would suggest the sooner the better before he plants/builds anything there.