Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My house is bordered on three sides by a neighbours garden

Customer Question

My house is bordered on three sides by a neighbours garden (odd I know, but it's an old property and various conversions over the years have made the layout quite strange!) he also has a creeping freehold on one of these sides where an access passageway runs under my first floor to allow him to reach his garden. I have the flying freehold above.
I am trying to work out who the walls belong to and what he can and can't do with them.
It is only his garden that borders mine and there is no mention in the deeds of my external walls being regarded as party walls.
He has various timbers screwed onto the walls that have caused damage to brickwork and also stores piles of old wood/plastic sheets etc against the wall which has caused damp in some places. Does he have the right to do this against walls that surely belong to my house?
Regarding the creeping/flying freehold section of wall, does he own the lower section and I own the upper part? Does he have any specific responsibilities given that section of wall is supporting my property?
Many thanks :-)
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long do you think this might take, I could really use an answer as soon as possible now !
Many thanks :-)
Beth
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks :-)
Beth

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I am afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please keep looking :-) thank you x
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So are you saying you can't help me? If that is the case then I suppose I have no choice but to take the refund!! I would prefer the question answered but if you genuinely have no one to help me then I will approach someone else. Thank you x