Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

Can a Rent Deposit Deed be drawn between Landlord and tenant

Can a Rent Deposit Deed be drawn between Landlord and tenant (commercial lease) or does it have to be drawn by the landlord's lawyer? And if it can be done between landldord and tenant does it have to be registered?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will try and help
There is no strict legal requirement for 99% of any document to be drawn by a lawyer, the benefit of having it done by one however is that it hopefully would be done correctly, the outcome is "insured" and has the backing of the SRA and Law society in the case of any manifest error. Further, no it doesn't need to be registered at the land registry or companies house (it used to have to be but no longer)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yo say that you need more information from me in order to respond fully.

What more information do you need from me?

Hi. No I don't need any further information from you. My reply is as above. If you require any further information or have any follow up questions do please ask
HI Can I help further?
If you are satisfied at the moment then do please click positive feedback so I can be paid for my time, The question wont close and you can always come back to the question if you think of something later down the line