Of course! It is a tiny one bed basement flat:
- The lounge is open plan with the kitchen
- The kitchen area does not have a window
- If I cook without using the fan, the condensation builds up in minutes saturating my kitchen and lounge and furnishings. This is also dangerous for the electrical sockets in my kitchen as condensation drips into the sockets.
- The only way to have any air is to open my lounge window or front door which is through the porch (separate room) which doesn't extract anything. This is totally impractical, especially in the winter when it will be freezing cold and also from a security point of view.
- The flat already suffers from damp and mould even using the extractor fan so this will be impossible to deal with if I don't use the fan.
If we are talking about the bathroom fan:
- My bathroom is ensuite with my bedroom and the bathroom does not have a window. There is no other ventilation for the bathroom.
To not be able to use my extractor fans on a daily basis for cooking and showering would have serious consequences on the condition of the flat with damp and mould. Again I have to stress that this is already a major problem even with the fans in use so to not use them would be impossible.
My quality of life would be severely affected for the above reasons, plus I also suffer from asthma.