75100385

I have tenants leaving on 15/6/15 and they paid a deposit at

Customer Question

I have tenants leaving on 15/6/15 and they paid a deposit at the signing of the tenancy of £1350. They have said "they haven't broken anything" so deposit should not be deduct but to my knowledge if it is not left in the original condition the deposit can be deducted in order to turn it back to the condition that was given at the time of signing the tenancy.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes, things can be deducted ONLY if it is not counted as fair wear and tear. Anything beyond fair wear and tear can be deducted but you can only replace like with like. Ie if something was 5 years old you cant replace with new.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if they leave mess in the driveway like a sofa and rubbish can they be charged to have that cleared

Yes but only reasonable lowest rate.
Alez