75100385

Our neighbour has planted a bamboo right next to our fence

Our neighbour has planted a bamboo right next to our fence it has destroyed the fence and is spreading through our garden, I am replacing the fence but this is also going to be broken. What can I do about it please?.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you approached the neighbour yet please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not approached neighbour as we do not get on.
Ok, what is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know what I can do about this bamboo as I do not want my new fence wrecked by this weed.
You need to get a survey done and this will show the extent of the problem and what can be done to fix it. give this to your neighbour and ask that it is fixed or say you will go to Court. If he refuses then get quotes for doing the work -this forms your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or they do the work within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.