Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Asked an A/C installer to put up an air conditioner unit.

Customer Question

Asked an A/C installer to put up an air conditioner unit. It's on the back of my shop on the wall roughly 1.5m high from the base of the unit.
The people behind the shop have now taken the unit down and I've just found out from the landlord that the back of the property does not belong to the landlord.
Spoke to my A/C installer and he said that as it's on my wall and out of sight it should be ok and now that someone (residents behind) has taken it down if it's reported there will be a bill/fine up to £5000 as someone has messed about with gas.
My dilema and question is where do I stand on this matter. I want the A/C installed but don't want to annoy neighbours. The shop is terraced so the only way the A/C unit can be installed is at the back or with least disruption the cables and hoses go out to the back then up all the way to the roof.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is your question about this for me today please?