75100385

Council owned Skateboard park 25m from my property boundary.

Council owned Skateboard park 25m from my property boundary. Statutory noise nuisance has been declared by Environmental Health but state they cannot prohibit use as they cannot issue abatement notice against council. Is this correct? How can we make the noise cease?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
That is correct, if the Council own it then they can't serve a notice on themselves! However what you can do is this:
1) Complain to your Local Councillor. They are elected by you and should be dealing with local issues such as this.
2) If it does not work complain to the Chief Officer of the Council. That office will investigate the matter and report back to you
3) If that does not work then you can try the Local Government Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can examine your complaint at: www.lgo.org.uk
That should resolve the matter for you. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.