Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I am selling my property, I had 3 central heating radiators

I am selling my property, I had 3 central heating radiators installed but do not have a Gas Safe certificate which is requested in the seller pack. I did not install a new boiler, only the central heating radiators which run off the existing boiler.

I'm not sure what to do, online there is mention of being able to pay for a one off insurance policy to be able to get around this and progress with the sale. Is this true and what policy is this?

What are my options to sort this out?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Basically, just be honest on the form and the issue will work itself out via solicitor during the pre-contract process.
Essentially if you do not have the requisite certificate for the installation of the boiler then the buyer’s solicitor will require a building regulations indemnity policy at your cost. This is a one-off insurance policy to provide cover for the buyer. It is generally available for between £40-80 and your solicitor will be able to sort it out for you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Tom, I did not install the boiler (that was there when I purchased the property), I only installed the radiators. Is that covered under the same indemnity policy you mentioned?

Does that mean this is a fairly simple matter to resolve and will not cause any complications?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Yes, an indemnity policy would cover prior installation.
Yes, it will be simple to resolve.
Tom