Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

On the seller's Property Information Form, if there is a current

On the seller's Property Information Form, if there is a current dispute regarding a clause in the lease that Directors of the Freehold company are saying I am in breach of which I am trying to resolve at the moment, I know I must declare this but how much information do I need to provide on the PIF?
Can I just be brief and then explain it is in the process of being resolved and then it is up to the buyer's solicitor to follow up later to check it is resolved?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Any Buyer's Solicitor will ask your SOlicitor to obtain replies to standard Leasehold enquiries, and one of these questions asks "is there any current dispute between the Freeholder and the Tenant?"

So, on the basis that the Freeholder or the Managing Agents are bound to disclose any issue anyway, you may as well give as much information as you can on the PIF.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards

Al