Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have the freehold of a house that was converted into 3

Customer Question

I have the freehold of a house that was converted into 3 flats before I acquired it. I also own the top flat. The owner of the ground floor flat wants to buy my flat and we have agreed a price and are nearly ready to exchange but he only wants to buy it if he can have the freehold. I definitely want to sell the freehold. I understand the basement flat is unlikely to want the freehold. I am aware I must serve a section 5a notice to both lessees. The notes I am reading says 50% of lessees must agree to buy. Does this mean if only the ground floor flat is interested that they will be unable to buy the freehold on their own?

Can I obtain the section 5a form myself and where from?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I cannot wait any more. Please refund
I am disgusted as the person said they were on line waiting to answer. But theirs resume did say they were criminal law and did not mention property.
Please confirm refunding