How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2447
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have the freehold of a house that was converted into 3

Customer Question

I have the freehold of a house that was converted into 3 flats before I acquired it. I also own the top flat. The owner of the ground floor flat wants to buy my flat and we have agreed a price and are nearly ready to exchange but he only wants to buy it if he can have the freehold. I definitely want to sell the freehold. I understand the basement flat is unlikely to want the freehold. I am aware I must serve a section 5a notice to both lessees. The notes I am reading says 50% of lessees must agree to buy. Does this mean if only the ground floor flat is interested that they will be unable to buy the freehold on their own?

Can I obtain the section 5a form myself and where from?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I cannot wait any more. Please refund
I am disgusted as the person said they were on line waiting to answer. But theirs resume did say they were criminal law and did not mention property.
Please confirm refunding

Related Property Law Questions