75100385

I m subletting a room which has no window as it was the

Customer Question

Hi I m subletting a room which has no window as it was the living room. I don t have real door but a wall made up to separate entrance of my flatmate . I pay the same rent of others to my flatmate . Can I decide to pay less if the flatmate treated me not well?
I cannot change house right now but will do in the next months
Thanks for advice
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have an agreement in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No just verbal

Yes you can ask for a reduction now or on previous months. If he refuses then you can take him to Court.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a reduction within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not reduce rent you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks but what you mean for losses?

I asked them already as passing from the corridor is a bit annoying and there is no much fresh air in the room and they refuse . If I decide to pay less then rent and say tgen than I can pay 350 now but will leave in septber . Can they still evict me ?

So do I have to talk with flatmate or landlord ?and write it down

I cannot afford to pay solicitor right now and get involved into court but if I m right do I have the right to complain all this ?

Yes they can. You need to write formally and set out why you owe less. Then if they disagree you should sue and not just reduce the rent.
Its a small claim so you wont need a Solicitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also if I decide to pay less can and Lord evict me . I plan to move out in September anyway

Optional Information:
Province/Country relating to question : England

Yes the Landlord can. He does NOT need a Court order.
I am sorry.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.