wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Just bought a property with garage got key to property opened

Just bought a property with garage got key to property opened garage to find a vintage car inside I think garage May have been rented out but no mention in legal details can I claim the car if so how do I legally go about it
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello. The law states that when you buy a property, you will also get ownership of everything left / on it, unless specifically excluded. Unless you know the car was not the seller's, it is now yours. You need to contact DVLA to ask them to issue you with a new V5 Registration Form. If you explain the situation, and they are happy that title has passed, they will give you new ownership documentation. Best wishes, WB