LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have a garden that steps down from the rear of my property the

i have a garden that steps down from the rear of my property
the people in the house next door have placed a pooling the garden and have fitted a raised decking to most of there garden i.e. 3ft off the floor
which we have had no problem with
we have just had to refit all our garden fences and posting fitted 3ft gravel boards then 6ft panel on top of these so we don't have all there friends looking and standing 3 foot higher than the fence
have i broken any laws??
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
I assume this is a fence that is either of your land or at the border and that you have responsibility for maintaining.
You have not broken any general laws. It is just possible that there may be something in the deeds restricting height of fences (but I doubt it). In the absence of this you have done absolutely nothing wrong.