wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I am a paralegal dealing with the sale of a registered residential

I am a paralegal dealing with the sale of a registered residential property.
The register contains a number of positive and restrictive covenants relating to when the property was built and the then building contractors.
Since these covenants are in place, should I draft the contract with full or limited guarantee.
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello. If the title is absolute, unless the sellers are trustees or executors, I would insist on full title guarantee were I acting for the buyer. I don't think you could argue that the covenants mean a limited guarantee is justifiable . Best, wb