75100385

My landlord gave me 4 weeks notice arent' I entitled to two

Customer Question

My landlord gave me 4 weeks notice arent' I entitled to two months? They didn't give a reason for the early termination.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What type of tenancy do you have and does the landlord live in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a lodger agreement. It's a little sketchy. As I pay cash every month. The landlord lives with me. He did not give a reason why to end the contract early.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They only accept cash, the drafted a lodger agreement that is a yearly. It ends November 23, 2015.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the terms it says that early termination either party needs to give a notice of 4 weeks.
Should I ask for my deposit protection number?
In that case you are not entitled to 2 months, that is only for an assured shorthold tenancy where the landlord does not live in. Therefore sadly the Landlord can give 4 weeks.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,The lodger agreement is with the mom of the house owner. The mom put down 100,000 deposit on the house. But from what I am told daughter is the home owner and house is in her name. I have been paying her mom due to her down payment. So technically the daughter has the power right?
Also- I pay cash, shouldn't I ask for the deposit security number?
Yes you can ask for the deposit number. He agreement can be with the mom or owner.