Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

I was 3 weeks late with my rent and on the 3 rd week my landlord

I was 3 weeks late with my rent and on the 3 rd week my landlord served me with a section 21 eviction notice which I thought could only be used at then end of a tenancy.
In any event I thought he should use a section 8 notice and only after 2 months of being late.
I have paid the arrears but he says the notice to quit stands
Hi I will try and help
Can you tell me when the tenancy starts and how long its for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it started last Oct and is a 12 month assured tenancy
when is the Notice set to expire. What is the actual date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
22nd August
Then no. he is completely on the wrong track. The notice is wrong and you need pay no heed to it
I hope this helps. Do ask any follow up questions. If you are happy then please leave positive feedback so I can be paid for my time. The question wont close and if you think of any questions later down the line you can come back to the question and post again
Cheers