Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I'm looking into selling plots I own in UK

Hi I'm looking into selling plots I own in UK
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
What is your question about selling the plots please?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm a non-residential UK living in Bangkok Thailand. Can I sell these plots through any independent agent? If yes, can you help me by suggesting a reliable property agent that can sell my plots. A company called Profitable Plots from UK opened in Singapore a couple of years ago and sold Concorde village plots to people who are looking to invest.

The company is not there any longer. Investors are left with no idea of what to do with these plots. Recently, a couple of investors have been approached by an acquisition company based in Japan who is acting on behalf of the buyer, trying to get investors to sell our plots.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Was the land on which the plots were located registered in the company's name or in your name?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was in my name. I purchased it as an individual.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If the land is registered in your sole name with no other person then you can legally sell the land in your personal capacity. This is because only you would be required to sign the land registry transfer in order to transfer the property to a buyer.
Obviously, you would have to find a buyer for the land. Most people instruct an estate or land agent in order to market the land to potential buyers and if you are certain that the property is registered in your sole name then I would instruct a local agent in the area to do so.
When a buyer is actually found you can then instruct a UK-based property solicitor. They will require you to verify your identity with a Thai notary or lawyer so that they can then provide this to your solicitor.
You solicitor will then correspond with you from the UK and with a bit of forward planning you should be okay to sell the land.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. One more question, can you recommend a reliable real estate agent for me in that area since I'm not from UK.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
I can't give recommendations under the conditions of this site. However, if you google the locality and "land agents" or "estate agents" then you will see a list generated.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will try googling for land agents.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome
Tom