LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I am a landlord and I am experiencing difficulties with my

Customer Question

I am a landlord and I am experiencing difficulties with my tenant vacating the property. The property was due to complete sale on 27 Jun 15, but we could not go ahead as the tenant wouldn't move, we had issued him a Section 21 prior to this which has expired. Is there a quick way of evicting him, or have I got to take the next step it the possession order.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If he refuses to go you will need to get a possession order and if necessary a warrant. There is very quick and easy procedure assuming that the tenancy is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy and that your notice is valid.
Follow this link https://www.gov.uk/accelerated-possession-eviction which will take you to the on line portal for bringing the case.