Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE A FINANCIAL CHARGE ON MY

Customer Question

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE A FINANCIAL CHARGE ON MY PROPERTY OF £343,59. ACCURING INTEREST OF 9% SINCE 11TH MAY 1998..£529 FROM LOCAL AUTHORITY.( FOR WORKS CARRIED OUT IN 1998 ON PRIVATE DRAIN) I HAVE HAD NO COMMUNICATION SINCE 2000, THIS I KNOW BECAUSE I HAD TO ASK FOR ALL DOCUMENTS RELATING TO THIS CHARGE. I HAVE REMORTGAGED TWICE SINCE THEN 2006, AND 2012 PAYING OUT FOR LAND REGISTRY FEES. THIS WAS NOT FLAGGED UP. HAVE LOCAL AUTHORITY THE RIGHT TO CHARGE INTEREST AND NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS SOONER.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

So, you were aware that this Charge had been levied on your property in 2000. Can I ask why you did not pay the Charge back in 2000?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was not aware of this charge, I had to ask local authority, I only know now because I asked for all paperwork concerning this charge for CAB. I bought house with my partner in Nov 1997, he signed a form giving details about who was living at this address, I did not know that either. I bought him out in 2006.. I always pay bills on time and I am not in any debt..