Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I have instructed a solicitor property but would like

I have instructed a solicitor for a property but would like to dis instruct them. They have already generated the initial file information but I have not received any documents from them or paid for any searches. I now want to go with another solicitor. Please can you let me know how I can go about this and if it will cost any money.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
You simply need to inform your solicitors that you wish to cease your instructions to them and that you will instruct another solicitor.
Your current solicitors will then inform the seller and then invoice you for the amount of work that they have carried out based on the time spent on the file. Obviously, if this is only the start of the transaction then the amount they invoice you will only be a small proportion of the fees original quoted to you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So, I have now found a new solicitor. Do I now inform the Estate Agent of this change?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Yes, correct. Advise the agents and they will update the seller's solicitors accordingly.
Tom