LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My property backs onto another residential road, can I have

my property backs onto another residential road, can I have deliveries to the gate at the rear of my property ?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
This is no general legal prohibition against having deliveries to the rear of a property. You will always need to keep road safety in mind.
Is there any particular reason why deliveries via your rear gate might be problematic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Our neighbour at the back is insistent that we can't have access - we have lived here for 21 years & he's only moved in within the last year or so - it's never been a problem before. I just wanted to check although we are 99% certain that it's ok & the neighbour is just being an idiot !! Thank you for your help
No problem.