75100385

I had my house repossessed in March 2014 due to rent arrears.

I had my house repossessed in March 2014 due to rent arrears. I lived in a house where i owned 25% outright and rented the rest from a housing association. there is no mortgage on the property. as of yet i have received no money for the equity in my property, less arrears and costs, despite numerous letters and emails to them. the house itself has stood empty since the day of repossession. could you please tell me what my rights are .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has the property been sold please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its just be sat empty since March 2014 they changed the locks shut the door. And that's how it's been since.

Ok. Has it been marketed? Who has it now, the housing association?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Like I said they changed the locks shut the doors and it's just been sat there. Not marketed or anything. There is NO mortgage outstanding. The arrears were only about :£3000. They have done nothing. It's been 17 months now and they have ignored my letters and emails.

Ok. You need to write a formal complaint to the Chief executive of the association. They will deal with your complaint and report back to you. If you are not happy with the outcome then you can complain to the ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service at http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk
That should resolve it. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you give a template for the letter or advise me of terminology I should use. I have written numerous letters and had no reply. Should I say that if I do not receive a satisfactory reply I will be referring my complaint to the housing ombudsman??

You should just set out your complaint and if you dont get a response or one to your satisfiaction you will go to the Ombudsman.
Make sure you say you wish for it to be investigated as a formal complaint.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Thankyou so very much.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.