Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

I live in semi detached house with a shared so called drive

I live in semi detached house with a shared so called drive way, we both had wooden built garages at the end of the drive but where impossible to use as the space is to tight, I have had lots of arguments with next door over the use of the drive, it is impossible to park in the drive without blocking each other in , I have now built a parking area in the front of my house and want to enclose the area with a fence which will be erected on my side of the driveway can I build the fence?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Is it on your drive alone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have one driveway between the two houses but it is not wide enough to park a car there without blocking access to the rear of the property so I have created parking space in front of my house and want to build a wall down the middle of the driveway with the wall built on my side of the drive.

You will need to check your deeds. I would imagine that if there is an easement then you will not be permitted to build a wall which prevents the use or access of the drive to the other party. If you do not have the wall then I see much less of an issue (but it will depend on the plans).