Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

I have just found out that the drains of my neigbour's ajoining

I have just found out that the drains of my neigbour's ajoining semi run into my drains. They have no access to a manhole of their own. If my drains block it not only floods my cellar but theirs too. The neigbour's semi has been sold to an unknown buyer STC. What is my legal obligation to inform the estate agent of this topic and what is the right of drains access which were never disclosed ie to the new owner?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Strictly speaking you are not under an obligation to tell the estate agents for your neighbour's sale. It is for the neighbour to make this information available to his buyers. It would be covered within the sellers property information search. Please rate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As the neigbours are recent beneficiaries under a will (to the property) they are unlikely to disclose this information to the buyers or their lawyers that would delay the sale. Do you have a suggestion regarding process to follow?

In addition the other semi property has made an illegal building attachment to mine. Is there a documentary legal process to highlight this particular issue?

I would suggest that you write to your neighbours (the sellers) and advise them of the problems with the property so that they can advise the buyers.
I hope that helps. Please remember to rate positively.