Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We are currently in the process of selling our house; we have

We are currently in the process of selling our house; we have a question regarding the property information form. We weren`t sure what was relevant to include in the disputes/complaints section. Basically, over 2 years ago, the landowner adjacent to our property, allowed one of his relatives to store a mobile caravan for a short period of time, in that time this relative resided in the caravan for the purposes of doing some work on the land i.e hedge cutting fencing repairs etc. We had no dispute or complaint with them, however I believe they were given advice about how long legally they could stay there. They left the land soon after completing the said work. As far as I am aware they broke no laws and there was nothing formal in the process. All was done amicably without any disputes or complaints specifically from us. As far as I am concerned this is irrelevant, but I would like formal advice
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I would advise that you are perfectly ok NOT to mention this whatsoever.

The question is asking if you have had cause to complain or there is an issue which may deter the Buyer from proceeding- so, if the caravan was still there and it was causing a nuisance to you in some form, then you would need to disclose it. However, as you did not need to complain and the caravan is no longer there, there is absolutely nothing you need to disclose to your Buyer, in this regard.

I hope this puts your mind at rest, and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi Richard,

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards

Al