75100385

Costs and Case Management Conference in a building Dispute.

Costs and Case Management Conference in a building Dispute. I am the Claimant and litigant in person who has lost a large sum from my savings to a dodgy builder. What will the judge be looking to address during this hearing? The Defendant a builder and is legally represented and is wasting my money on legal fees , instead of completing what I paid him for. The Defendants solicitors fees are very unreasonable and oppressive (£2000 for filling out allocation questionnaire and 30minute hearing etc) which he claims will be recovered from me should I loose my claim, precedent H fees of 65k for my claim which is for a sum of 30k, he has filed a retaliatory counterclaim

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If this is a ccmc the judge will only be looking at costs budgets on form H and directions for trial.
That is it, so no evidence at this stage, you can also object to excessive fees claimed by the other side,
But the judge will be interested in setting the matter down for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.