75100385

I need help with confirmation of when a months notice on a

I need help with confirmation of when a months notice on a periodic tenancy should be given by my tenant. how much is your service please
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you pay on 23rd of the month and if notice was given on 26th July then it takes effect from 23rd of August. You then have 2 months to get out which is 23rd October.
If he had given notice on say 20th July then it would have taken effect from 23rd July and you would have to be out by 23rd September.
But you are entitled to 2 months.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, so,... for them to have paid me their last months rent, they should have given me notice on or before the 19th July to be leaving on the 19th August and have their bond returned. Do I have that correct? So on this rolling contract this is how it should have been done?, yes? They also didn't tell me in writing only by text. so has their notice actually been given at all? I am not really bothered about being notified by text, but I already helped them out by setting payment date 4 days later than contract date signed at the agent. They messed me about a bit the other month sayind they were going then when I found somebody they then begged me to stay and now they are complaining about having to pay August 23rd rent!

Yes. If they give notice then it needs to be from the calendar month.
So yes. You need know and it takes effect from the next billing period.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so because I didn't have notice on or before even the payment date of the 23rd of july, I am entitled to august 23rds full calendar months' payment?... If they refuse am I entitled to keep their bond in dps scheme?

Correct and yes.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Alex how do I keep these questions and answers for me to view again

They are stored under 'My Questions' in your account.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.